Expanding Youth Horizons Initiative aimed at advancing the learning and development of venerable and academically at-risk children, age 12 to 18yrs. It offered a unique opportunity that improved the academic prospects, achievements, self-esteem and life opportunities of disadvantaged young children.
The goal of the program was to help students in 3rd and 6th year who were academically at-risk to pass through their Junior and Leaving certificate exams by teaching them the skills that they needed to succeed. The tutoring and support program me ran for 3 months while supporting students from disadvantaged schools/communities in Drogheda and its environs.
Quantifying social impact of the programme:
– Improved confidence in participants
– Enabling platform for academic interaction for participants outside the usual school environment
– Great financial relief for disadvantaged parents who may not have been able to afford commercial grinds
– A good number of participants are realising the importance of good grades and working very hard to achieve it in their forth coming exams.
– A social platform where students developed and build relationship with students from other schools was created.
The programme was sponsored by Skills and Opportunity Funds (ULSTER BANK) while the second strand was sponsored by ESB Energy Generating Fund
For one to one or group learning support in Maths, English, Sciences, Irish,… please contact Flora on 0831309244.